Fly Tipping - How do I report fly tipping?

Fly tipping will be collected if it is on public land. If it is on private land it is the responsibility of the landowner to get it removed.

To report fly tipping in the Parish either telephone Maidstone Borough Council on 01622 602000 or use their Report it tool on their website, selecting Street Cleansing and then Fly Tipping.

Follow the link below:


To report fly tipping on a Public Rights of Way please ring Kent County Council on 03000 417 373. If you can, try and take a note of the pathway number.

Parking - Report bad parking

Problem parking that is causing a hazard i.e. parking that is blocking or overhanging a junction should be reported to the Police using the non-emergency number 101 or you can report it online to the Police. It can only be dealt with if they see it in real time so you cannot send pictures.


Persistent nuisance parking that is causing issues should be reported to the Parish Council. It will then be discussed at a meeting (which you could attend) and a decision made as to whether the Parish Council can put any measures in place to alleviate the problem.

Contact Us - Boxley Parish Council

Planning - Adding your comments

To make a comment on a planning application go to the relevant authority website and select the planning and building option. Maidstone Borough Council is Boxley’s Local Planning Authority. You can then put in the application number or search by the address. You will then be able to make a comment. Comments cannot be made anonymously. You can alternatively send a letter with your comments to the Planning Authority.


For further information please look at the Planning and The Parish Council leaflet on our website.


Play Equipment - Report broken equipment

Report broken play equipment in either the Weavering Diamond Jubilee Orchard or Franklin Drive to us at Boxley Parish Council as the Parish Council has responsibility for these play areas.

Contact Us - Boxley Parish Council

To report broken equipment in any other play areas either telephone Maidstone Borough Council on 01622 602000 or use their Report it tool on their website, selecting Report a Park or Play Area Problem.


Trees - Tree Preservation Orders

These can be the responsibility of either Maidstone Borough Council or Kent County Council.

You can report problems with trees directly to both via their websites.

Trees - Maidstone Borough Council